SEND Information Report, Policy and Local Offer
SEND Information Report and SEND Policy
At All Saints, we are committed to the equal inclusion of all pupils in all areas of school life. We recognise the diverse and individual needs of all of our pupils and take into account the additional support required by those children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
At All Saints we:
- Endeavour to make sure that a child with SEND gets the support they need.
- Ensure that children with SEND engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEND
- Designate a teacher to be responsible for co-ordinating SEND provision – the SEND co-ordinator, or SENCo. Our SENCo is currently Mrs Grills. The member of our governing body with specific oversight of the school’s arrangements for SEND is currently Mrs Fairbrother.
The main changes from the SEN Code of Practice (2001) reflect the changes introduced by the Children and Families Act 2014. This approach joins up the system across education, health and care, from birth to 25. Our school, like all others, is required to provide help at the earliest possible point, for children and young people with SEND. We ensure parents are fully involved in decisions about their support and what they want to achieve. It is anticipated that this will lead to better outcomes, and more efficient ways of working.
The government have listened to what parents say their experience of services is like and have put in place a number of things to bring about improvements. One of these is the Local Offer.
The local offer provides information on what services children, young people and their families can expect from a range of local agencies, including education, health and social care. Knowing what is out there gives you more choice and therefore more control over what support is right for your child.
The local offer provides information on a number of things, including:
- Special educational provision;
- Health provision;
- Social care provision;
- Other educational provision;
- Training provision;
- Travel arrangements for children and young people to schools, colleges and early years education; and
- Preparing for adulthood, including housing, employment and leisure opportunities.
Our 'SEND Information Report' and 'SEND Policy' can be accessed at the foot of the page. If you would like more information, please contact the school.
Lancashire Local Offer
The Local Offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families information about what support services Lancashire Authority thinks is be available in their local area.
The link below takes you to Lancashire County Council local offer page.
School Local Offer
The school Local Offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families information about what support services are available in or through school.
All Saints' Local Offer can be found at the foot of the page.